3 Strategies for Letting Your Passion Guide Your Giving in 2022Posted January 2022
A new year brings new opportunities to focus your charitable giving on the causes that mean the most to you. Often, our friends tell us that the philanthropic gifts that give them the greatest satisfaction are the ones that address their own specific passions. What is the best way to direct your giving to make sure it is in line with your passions? Here are three strategies we hope you find useful:
1. You are motivated by our overall mission and want to support it. Many of our friends tell us they believe in the work we are doing and want to give to see that good work continue. If you share this general passion for what we do and want to see us build on that foundation for the future, you may want to consider an unrestricted gift.
Unrestricted giving is critical to our success. These gifts not only enable us to budget wisely to meet current needs, but they also give us the flexibility to dream and think broadly and creatively about the future and to strengthen and expand our mission.
2. A particular project or program has captured your imagination. That project or program may be one that already exists or one you want to make possible. In some cases, projects and programs became a reality because good fiscal management created additional funds. In many other cases, though, they were the product of the generosity and vision of donors to enhance and expand our mission.
If your passion is to provide support for a special project or program—or to enable its creation—a restricted gift for a designated purpose will best make that happen. We welcome the opportunity to learn what speaks to your mind and your heart and help develop a plan to support those dreams.
3. You want your financial support to outlive you. With some basic planning it is possible to provide support for our work after your lifetime. You may choose to name us a beneficiary in a will, a trust, or a life insurance policy or other financial vehicles like a bank, brokerage, or retirement-plan account. Just like with your lifetime gifts, such gifts can be restricted or unrestricted—and even directed to a new or existing project or program. We would be happy to discuss possibilities with you and your advisors.
|Share This Post:||
- Request a confidential conversation with a gift-planning
officer about gift plans or other options
- Read about our donors and the gifts they've made
© Pentera, Inc. Planned giving content. All rights reserved.